‘To be a premier department known for its quality education, cutting edge research and accomplished graduates’
- To povide the best possible education facilities and to guide the students to become performing professionals in the international arena
- To create a conducive atmosphere in which higher studies and research can thrive and prosper
- To establish and maintain the stateoftheart research facilities for dissemination of knowledge in engineering and science
- To render service to the industry and community through educational, technical and entrepreneurial activities and innovations
- To prepare a cadre of engineers and scientists to cater to the industrial development and economic growth of the country
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
- To maintain the quality of education through excellent teaching, cutting edge research, that reflect the changing needs of the country.
- To organize a short intensive courses, conferences and seminars on current technological developments which will be of benefit to the surrounding community.
- To recruit, develop and maintain a strong academic staff base for optimum departmentalperformance.
- To organize quality improvement programmes for faculty members.
- To integrate teaching and research for preservation and effective application of knowledge and skills.
- To strengthen and expand collaboration and partnerships with industry and other organization.
- To establish culture of hard work, good governance in leadership and management of the department.
- To deliver the highest quality engineering graduates, cuttingedge research and innovative technology for the benefit of society locally and globally.
- To undertake collaborative projects with the aim of getting opportunities for longterm Interaction with industry.
- To provide research and development consultancy with the aim of promoting contact with and be of service to industries, government and civic organizations.
- To establish traditions so as to foster creativity and growth of excellence.
- The Department practices a philosophy of education which offers students to develop themselves as fully integrated individuals.
- The Department has a dedicated faculty, and highly motivated support staff. Satisfaction level, sense of belongingness and sense of responsibility of faculty members have been high due to decentralized style of functioning of the department with participatory style of functioning
- The number of publications by the faculty members in the last five years has been appreciable.
- The infrastructural support in terms of Training Centres/Centres of Excellence / Laboratories / Library offered by the Department to students can compare with the best in this part of the country.
- The present job scenario demands value added training programmes for students. The Department has the necessary technical and infrastructural resources to cater to this need.
- The presence of global industry leaders in the campus makes it possible for our students to get entry into institutes of global repute.
- Bosch Rexorth & SIEMENS of Germany have established Centres of Excellence for R&D activities for students under the guidance of faculty members and Industry experts.
- The Department has stateof the art laboratories in almost all the areas of Electrical Engineering. The department has the latest simulation tools like MATLAB, SIMULINK, PSCAD, EMTDC, ETAP, PSPICE etc., to cater to various specializations and is equipped with facilities for measurement, characterization and synthesis of experimental, theoretical results as well as for research.
- The department regularly conduct field visits to industries like OPTCL, SLDC, OHPC, NTPC etc. for industry institute interaction. The Department has stateof the art laboratories in almost all the areas of Electrical Engineering. The department has the latest simulation tools like MATLAB, SIMULINK, PSCAD, EMTDC, ETAP, PSPICE etc., to cater to various specializations and is equipped with facilities for measurement, characterization and synthesis of experimental, theoretical results as well as for research. The department regularly conduct field visits to industries like OPTCL, SLDC, OHPC, NTPC etc. for industry institute interaction.